Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Run, Les, RUN!!!!!



Les getting the call he was accepted!!
I'm not sure how many years ago it was, but I was in Stone Ridge, and I decided to try Couch to 5K. My baby sister laughed at me, saying, “Silly sister, Dunlaps don't run".  Well, apparently she lied, because she is now a team sponsored Tri-athlete!!  You can read all about the way she transformed herself and reclaimed her life in her own blog, at SeriouslyHope.   Be warned, she’s funny, awesome, and she’ll hook you with just ONE stick figure drawing!!!  

Little Sister Hope
Last night my Big Brother, Les, sent me a Facebook Message asking me to check something out.  Well, my first thought is “Crap, Les got a virus, and now it’s getting passed to me.  I shouldn’t open this link…. I’m certain it will probably crash my computer, move into my house, make a sammich and run up my electric bill.”  Why?  Well, I usually NEVER hear from my siblings unless there is a problem, and “Check this out” is usually the go-to message from people sending me viruses, spam, or wanting to sell me pills to “increase the size of my member”.   I decided to open it, and I am so glad I did!!!!  It took me a moment to figure out what I was looking at, and then it hit me.  My big brother was chosen to join an elite group of people to train to run their first marathon, the World Renowned 2015 Boilermaker Road Race in Utica NY!!!!  According to their Facebook page, you apply and tell them why you should be chosen to become a member of their 10 person "Go The Distance" team.  I would LOVE to get a copy of that application.  Yes, I’m certain I’d tear up reading it, but I’d not let him see.  Mostly I’d use the information to tease the crap out of him later.  The description of the team states:  "Go The Distance" is a group that trains people to run the Boilermaker 15K Road Race. WKTV and Boilermaker running experts work to train dozens each and every year. 10 new participants are featured each year during NEWSChannel 2 Newscasts.” 


So, my Utica friends, I need you to keep an eye out for Les’ appearances on the sports updates.  And on the road, training.  Cheer him on while running, while walking, while sitting at his desk, in his truck, or sipping his wine!!!  He is a bit nervous, and he needs our help.  He’s always been a bit of a goofy jock, and I’m certain that everyone on his team will agree he is the best guy on the team.  He may not be voted the #1 Athlete, but he sure as hell will ALWAYS be voted the #1 Athletic Supporter!!!!  He will ALWAYS be the Team Captain where ever he goes, because he has my Dad’s legacy of “Mr. Charisma”, and we love him for it!  Go Get ‘Em, Les!!!!  You got this!!!

The WHOLE Team Dunlap running in This Year's Boilermaker!


As always, I will work for money, but I am not for sale.  Meaning, I'll review anything, and I do love a challenge, so send me ideas and suggestions, but my opinions can't be bought.  I do take Paypal donations anytime at eaglemingoroost@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me while I get rid of this lump in my throat! I know I don't tell you enough but I really do Love You!

    ReplyDelete