Monday, April 6, 2015

Lasagna!!!


I generally do not shop at Wegman’s.  I’m not really a fan.  I know, most people from Central New York are preparing to send me their hate mail, but it’s true.  BUT, I think the place is starting to grow on me.  While I was there to purchase shelled sunflower seeds for Pitman; I found the cutest lasagna noodles I’d ever seen!!!  So, to prepare for this blog, I had to take a picture of the cutest lasagna noodles I’d ever seen.  Unfortunately, I got caught.  Cassie heard the camera click and asked what I was doing.  “I’m taking a picture of the cutest lasagna noodles I’ve ever seen, of course!”  I do tend to get excited things like this.
The cutest Lasagna Noodles EVER!

“<sigh>  You.  Are. So. Weird.”  She says, in a condescending manner only a teenage girl with long hair and equally long finger nails can pull off.  “You sound surprised?” I queried.

“No, I don’t”, she tosses at me as she walks away.    

With my dismissal complete, I now may continue doing what I do best, continue to make her life wonderful.  In this case, it is preparing what the Princess requested for dinner, LASAGNA!!!  Every week I force the family to come up with ideas for meals for the weekly meals, and decide when they’d best fit on which day.  Then we do the grocery list.  If they do not help with the menu planning, they are not allowed to complain about what is served for dinner.  If they do complain, I get to yell back.  Since I enjoy yelling snarky comments at them and they do not enjoy getting snarky comments yelled at them,  I find this a win-win situation.  They find it an exercise in complete hell in which they get no satisfaction.  I’m ok with this and throw in snarky comments just for fun anyways.
So today I’m really am making lasagna while throwing in a meeting, driving delightful teenagers to a mall (no snarkiness here, her friends truly are a delight!) and I hope to be able to get to finish an Angel Gown or two and maybe eventually make an item to put up for sale on that Etsy page I still have to start.  I’m so glad I’m too sick to get a job, right?  Oh, but the good news…. Since I have to spend so much time at the mall, where I’m typing this blog entry, I told Cassie she needs to help me out by sweeping, which is my normal Monday chore.  She best not expect money for this one.  ANYWAYS.. back to the lasagna. 
Family Lasagna Night!!

I can’t eat the pasta in the lasagna, so no cute noodles for me.  So, instead, as I made theirs, I made a separate one for me, which was a Boca Burger, and some cheesy stuff with sauce, with more cheese on top!!  I think it will be delightful!!  I was going to put more veggies on top.. but I forgot.  But it’s all good.  I’ll be lucky if I can eat this whole thing anyways!!!   So, Bon Appetite! 

As always, I will work for money, but I am not for sale.  Meaning, I'll review anything, and I do love a challenge, so send me ideas and suggestions, but my opinions can't be bought.  I do take Paypal donations anytime at eaglemingoroost@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment