Monday, April 13, 2015

(Not So) Epic Road Trip


I took myself and my new tablet, Freida, on a road trip in the Stupid Truck on Saturday.  Round Trip to Rochester on a “Mission from God”!!  Ok, it wasn’t THAT epic, but anytime I get a taste of sweet freedom and alone time with the open highway, I have to grab a hold of it like it’s the original trip down Route 66!!!  I have found out that I LOVE Freida’s camera!! It not only takes awesome pictures, but I feel like I’m able to take decent selfies!!  So now I will be able to take more pictures of my most favorite topic, ME!!!!  But, as always happens when you get a new toy, it takes a while to figure out how it works, and not all my pictures are perfect.
AGOWNY Ladies

Frieda likes my wallet?
 My first stop was at Tim Hortons to meet up with Mrs. Emily Doring of Angel Gowns of Western New York (AGOWNY).  I had to pick up a few gowns from her, so the Syracuse Region of AGOWNY can also be working on 2014 donated Wedding and Special Occasion gowns before moving on to the 2015 donated gowns.  I was also able to pick up the items needed to start packaging the Angel Gowns for the poor families who need our services here in the Central New York area.  We meet on Wednesday to start that.  But I couldn’t leave without a group shot, right?  Or a few other pictures, apparently, but those are the pictures Freida wanted to take, I had no clue we were taking those.

After I left Tim Hortons, it was off for a quick visit to hug my friend Soo.  I couldn’t go to Rochester without hugging Soo!  BUT, who do I run into while I’m an hour and a half away from home?  BEN!!!  My friend who lives 20 minutes down the road from my house!!!  <grin>  So I took our picture.  Freida wanted to share with you all the inside of her tablet cover, so she took that picture for our readers.  <sigh>  and people feel I'm a diva.
Ben, Soo, & I
the inside of Freida's tablet cover
When I got home, I had to unload the Stupid Truck, catalog all 58 gowns, and find a place to stack them all in all 10 boxes.  I leave you all with this last picture of a job well done.   Please note Stevie Wonder, in the background, wondering when all these boxes will leave him, to once again to rule the Crap Room in solitude!!  Well, Stevie, we need to get more Volunteer Seamstresses!!!  Oh, and Stevie, Freida

and I  area also hoping this blog posts, because we have set it up to post on a “schedule” because, as you read this, Freida and I are on a “Helen and Gert Adventure”.  If you are lucky, you’ll be able to read about THAT adventure tomorrow!!!


As always, I will work for money, but I am not for sale.  Meaning, I'll review anything, and I do love a challenge, so send me ideas and suggestions, but my opinions can't be bought.  I do take Paypal donations anytime at eaglemingoroost@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment