Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter - A Look Back



Yes, I know that Easter was a few days ago, but I’m just getting in the swing of things here, ok?  Not only that, but I should be allowed just a bit artistic license, because I’m an artist.  If I say it enough, I will believe it.  First off, Young Mothers, listen up.  When I say young mothers, I mean moms of kids from not yet conceived to less than 5.  Those informative years before the traditions set in.  LEND ME YOUR EARS!!!   I am a 47 year old perfectionist who DID IT WRONG all these years, and I blame my mother!!  Let’s be honest… she was also a perfectionist so I can’t blame her.  Maybe my father wouldn’t have let her.  Maybe it is he who is that one who is probably rolling around in his grave, trying to get to me to stop me from saying what I’m about to say….  HIDE THE FREAKIN’ PLASTIC ONES!!!! 

Cassie finding Plastic Eggs
For years we colored and hid the real eggs.  This grossed me out to no end.  I would spend Saturday morning, first thing, boiling, so they’d be cooled, so I could get them colored then back into the fridge to get as cold as possible, then keep Pitman up as late possible… there was even sex involved to keep him awake even later to make sure the Easter Bunny wouldn’t be able to get them out of the fridge until the last possible moment.  And then the kids, thankfully, would wake early, and I’d rush them to find the eggs, just so I could get them in the fridge as soon as possible… the whole time I’m panicking and getting all sorts of scheeved out over the fact I have eggs OUT OF the FRIDGE!!!  And I feel like the ONLY person to feel this is totally unnatural. So then I’d have to make deviled eggs out of them for Easter Dinner, and I’m always worried someone was going to die.  After Easter I would then feel guilty about throwing away 3 dozen boiled eggs, but nobody would eat them!!  Not even me, and I love boiled eggs, just not ones that are riddled with salmonella. 

This year, I asked Cassie’s permission to just do plastic ones, explaining my little issue with finding the real ones.  She said she was dreading coloring eggs this year, so we didn’t even color this year!!!  Great!!!  We aren’t wasting any food!!!  I feel so much better and throwing away 3 dozen eggs, because how many dozens of hardboiled eggs can I eat in 1 week?

Large Childhood Memory
Small, Edible Childhood Memory!
Since I just killed one of my childhood memories, I figured I’d share one I was able to rekindle.  When I was young, my mother, along with a White Chocolate Bunny, always put in these HUGE dark chocolate covered coconut eggs.  I haven’t seen them in years.  Well, I found them while walking past Gertrude Hawk, wasting time at Shoppingtown Mall today!!!  Seeing it made me happy and I would have LOVED to have bit it, just to taste the memories… but it would have made me sick.  Until I turned the corner, and saw it, the 59 cent memory size!!  I grabbed it and giggled my way to the check out.  Yes, Mom, it was all I remembered, and more.  Thank you!!!

As always, I will work for money, but I am not for sale.  Meaning, I'll review anything, and I do love a challenge, so send me ideas and suggestions, but my opinions can't be bought.  I do take Paypal donations anytime at eaglemingoroost@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment